Embarkation of the jetty of Andernos possible between 1 juin et 29 octobre.
tidal problems limit the supply of departures.
1. Future cruise(s) from Andernos le Dimanche 23 Janvier 2022No scheduled excursion le Dimanche 23 Janvier 2022.
(Program may not yet be available).
2. Future Marine shuttles from Andernos le Dimanche 23 Janvier 2022
2a. Le Dimanche 23 Janvier 2022 one sol;ution for Arcachon Taxi boat.
Going to Arcachon by embarking your bike allows you to return to Andernos by discovering bibe routes (40kM).
2b. Le Dimanche 23 Janvier 2022 one solution for Ferret Bateau Taxi.
Going to Cap Ferret by embarking your bike allows you to return to Andernos by discovering bibe routes (40kM).
3. Future special boat trips from Andernos
No more Special tour programmed from Andernos (Program may not yet be available).
☎ : 05 57 72 28 28.
Andernos les bains and tourism
The funds of the Basin include the part between Biganos and Ares that is to say a whole series of small communes like Audenge, Cassis, Taussat etc.
It is also the gateway to the Nord Bassin, since it is the nearest boarding place for Lacanau, Le Porge etc and the entire Bordeaux region.
Departures are usually made from the main jetty of Andernos baths when floating pontoons are installed. While waiting for their installations the departures are made from the port of Betey
Andernos Castle was located about 2 km from the church and the basin. It completely disappeared, destroyed in 1845.
The city of Andernos officially takes the name of Andernos-les-Bains by decree of December 13, 1897
Toulouse Lautrec resided with the Wurtz family (now camping de Fontainevieille) from 1885 before going to live in Taussat with his friend Fabre.
David Allègre (1786-1846), Ares’s squire inventor of the world’s first steam trawler, was a municipal councillor, general councillor, justice of the peace.
Main sights in Andernos les bains
- Prehistoric site of the Betey. The objects discovered show a continuous human occupation of these shores, partly covered by water. Prehistoric occupation begins with the presence of nomadic hunter-fisher-gatherers from the age of -8,500 B.C.
- The church of Saint-Éloi was a relay of the pilgrimage of Santiago de Compostela. Built on the ruins of a Gallo Roman villa (the remains of which are partly visible next to the church). It dates from the 11th century.
- The Gallo-Roman remains located in the ancient cemetery, near the church of Saint-Éloi.
- The Louis David House. Near downtown, the Ignota Villa, built in several stages from 1908 to 1914.
- Quinconces natural site: Les Quinconces was a place of stroll frequented, among others, by Sarah Bernhardt during her stays in Andernos-les-Bains. This site remains one of the last natural areas to have resisted the intensive urbanization of the last 50 years.
- The pier of Andernos-les-Bains is the longest of the basin with its 232 meters. This book, conceived long before the First World War by Louis David, was not built until 1926.